Dentistry/Implant maybe

I thought would get another

Root canal and crown

So dentist started on removing the canal and infection

But now after 5 visit the remaining tooth broke right off

So there is really no tooth exposed now well just tiny bit on one side

I don't have alot ov money

I am suppused to wait 1 week everyday day apply this white paste to thr gum area

I guess for pain or to finish infection

What to do tooth replacement cheapest ok option?

Like I doubt a crown is possible as not enof below

Please tell me?

Also in 1 front tooth have pain just in the gum above

Like if I push on that tooth

But it diferent than like when I havr pain from cavity

What to do about this?

Thank you

Dear J:

Removing the root and placing an implant is almost always the best way to replace one tooth, but it is not the cheapest way.  The cheapest way is a "flipper", or one-tooth partial on an acrylic base that fits into your mouth and around your other teeth.  In between the cheapest and the best are a "crown lengthening procedure" which removes gum from around the neck of the tooth to expose more root to build a crown on, and a bridge, which attaches a replacement tooth to the teeth on either side of it.

Only you can decide which of these is best for you.  

Howard Finnk, D.D.S., P.A., CEO

I am a Family, Implant and Cosmetic dentist. I will answer questions on any aspect of dentistry and matters relating to the smile, gums, jaws and lower face. Member American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Broward County Dental Association, and Atlantic Coast District Dental Association. I have served as District Council Member of Alpha Omega, as well as serving for one term as its President. I am also a member of The Vedder Honors Society, Broward Dental Research Clinic, and Mount Sinai Hospital Guild. I have served as a Volunteer for Project Dental Health and The Tri-County Dental Health Council.

Having attained over 30 years of clinical experience in private practice in Michigan, in 2001 I was re-certified by taking and passing the Florida State Dental Board Examination. After moving to Florida, I spent nearly 10 years re-honing my skills while working as an Associate Dentist for several large dental groups. In September, 2004, I was appointed Adjunct Clinical Professor at Nova University's College of Dental Medicine. I am certified in placement of Mini Dental Implants, and I am Director of The Florida Implant Center ( On March 1, 2010, at the age of 62, I began all over again by buying a dental practice near my home in the Fort Lauderdale area. As sole owner and Chief Dental Officer of the new Nob Hill Dental Center (, I can now carefully provide dental care to patients who care, all within a caring, joyful environment. Over my career lifetime, I have provided thousands of diagnoses, fillings, crowns, bridges, root canals, periodontal treatments, TMJ therapies, partials, dentures and extractions, and dozens of implants for my patients. The only aspect of dentistry with which I have very little experience is orthodontics.

American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Broward County Dental Association, Atlantic Coast District Dental Society, Vedder Honors Society, Broward Dental Research Clinic, Alpha Omega Alumni Association, and American Association of Dental Implantologists. Formerly, American Academy of General Dentistry, Michigan Dental Association, Macomb Dental Society, Detroit District Dental Society, Tri-County Dental Health Council (a charitable dental care organization)

"How To Save Money At The Dentist" Going to press soon.

Bachelor of Arts and Sciences in Psychology from Wayne State University Doctor of Dental Surgery from University of Detroit College of Dentistry Adjunct Clinical Professor, Special Needs Department, Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Membership in The Vedder Honors Society

HIPAA rules do not allow me to post this information.