Dentistry/preventing tartar

Question
I would like to know how to prevent tartar buildup on the backs of my upper and lower front teeth, since I canít reach them effectively either with a toothbrush or floss, due to the concave shape of the surfaces in those areas. I have my teeth cleaned twice a year, which has always been sufficient. This weekend, 3 months after the last cleaning I noticed tartar between my lower front teeth. I cleaned it up with floss, but was shocked when I looked at the back of the teeth and found them covered with tartar. I made an appointment for an extra cleaning, but how can I prevent this?

Thank you

Jo

Answer
when you do go for your cleaning ask the hygienist to show you how to angle your brush to more effectively clean. The tooth  brush has to be vertical and almost upright. Ask them to show you. If you'd like you can watch a video I made on how to brush properly. Just copy and past the link to your browser

http://video.about.com/dentistry/How-to-Brush-Teeth-.htm

Dentistry

Lawrence Spindel DDS, www.lspindeldds.com