Dentistry/Saliva effect on Crown bond

During my crown procedure I had a lot of extra saliva in my mouth
that day while dentist was affixing the crown to the tooth.
Could this have affected the quality of the bond?

I was nauseous that day because I hadn't eaten and was uncomfortable.
I had a lot of extra saliva in my mouth during the bond process (furthest
back lower molar). Dentist had to use cotton balls. Could
this have affected the quality of the bond?

hello lenny
yes, premature moisture/water/saliva contamination can severely affect the bond bw tooth and crown.
this can lead to premature debonding resulting in the crown coming out from the mouth.
inthe interim period the tooth may be sensitive to hot and cold if the adhesive dissolves away partially.
but having said that... if the crown can be safely replaced in mouth.
best wishes

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS

rootcanals, cosmetic dentistry, dental pain, cavities, tooth colored fillings, endodontic diagnosis, post & cores, ceramic veneers, composite fillings, dental whitening, bleaching etc. please remember: i cannot treat you online and neither can i touch your teeth or test their health! i can give you general suggestions and critically evaluate various treatments and offer my advice.

14 years of clinical experience. i am a professor in a postgraduate dental school, in the department of endodontics. my primary field of specialization is in endodontics and conservative dentistry. i am a consultant endodontist in private dental clinics and run my own clinic restricted to conservative dentistry & endodontics since 2006.

DENTAL SPA, JAIPUR (INDIA). Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, jaipur(india)

new york state dental journal journal of contemporary dental practise

BDS, MDS (conservative dentistry & endodontics)