Dentistry/2 premolars removed from left side! Midline off?

Question
Hello,
My previous orthodontist extracted 2 left upper lower premolars to make room for my slight overjet to come down. It was a malpractice as my new orthodontist said I didn't even need any extractions as my crowding is mild.
Now she will try to correct it using these 2 already done premolar gaps, but I am concerned how will she do it? Aren't premolars removed in symmetries otherwise midline will be off? I am so terrified that I will end up with a weird smile!
Please help doctor, it would mean the world to me!
P.S. My front 2 teeth are overlapped on each other and more overlapping is on the extraction side!

Answer
Dear Sarahh,

As I am not an orthodontist, and I don't know the positions of your teeth or appearance of your smile, and as there are many ways to move teeth, I cannot be sure of how exactly she will do this.  You need to ask your new orthodontist this question, and listen to her answers.   

I am concerned about an orthodontist calling another orthodontist's work malpractice without having seen what your bite and your smile looked like BEFORE your first orthodontist treated you.  How can your current orthodontist know how much crowding you had BEFORE your first orthodontist treated you?  Or what your bite and smile looked like immediately after your braces were removed?  SO after your new orthodontist explains to you exactly what she will do and why, and after you understand it completely, and before you begin treatment, you should visit your general dentist for his/her opinion about your bite and smile, and about your plans for them.

Let me know what you find out from both.

Dentistry

Howard Finnk, D.D.S., P.A., CEO