Dentistry/red line over crown

Question
Over a year ago I had a crown put on first tooth behind an upper incisor. From the beginning there was a thin red gumline over the crown. The red line is still there, and now the tooth is pressure sensitive and probably headed for a root canal. The other dentist in the practice saw the red line and questioned it, but let it go. Was this a badly fit crown, or is this a normal appearance? I had a root canal on the adjacent tooth 6 months ago.

Answer
Hi Pat,

If something does not look right or feel right, then go get a second opinion.  

You mentioned the other dentist at that practice saw a red line above the crown and let it go.  Having another dentist in the same practice look at your tooth does not count as a second opinion.  On the off chance that your dentist caused an irritation of some kind, it is unlikely other dentists in the same practice would accept accountability.

It's probably nothing serious, but have it checked out.

Jonathan
Patient Point of View  

Dentistry

Jonathan at PatientBabble