Dentistry/Teeth Extraction And Braces

Question
Hello Dr Mayank

1) Sir I have crooked teeth and need to install braces. The dentist said that he need to extract 4 teeths before installing braces. Sir, will the extractions cause pain?

2) Sir I have breathing issues/asthama/allergies and sleep apnea. Would it be safe to use sedation and local anesthesia for dental surgery?

3) Sir I have never undergone surgery or anesthesia in my life ever, so in such situation before receiving local anesthesia , which tests should be conducted for me in your opinion?

4) Can Local Anesthesia cause death?

Answer
dear humayun!
thank you for asking straight forward questions, most people dont! okay the answer to your questions is:
1) every surgical procedure has a pain component involved (during procedure and post procedure) dentist numb ur teeth to take care of the former and prescribe adequate painkillers to take care of latter. so no worries in that department.

2) i dont know: i am not an anaesthetist so i guess you should ask an anaesthetist on this forum

3)before ur doc numbs you, request your dentist to test you for allergy to numbing agent (which is very rare, and almost never present in 1st time candidates)

i hope i have answered all ur questions!
best wishes

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS