Dentistry/Wig And Dental Braces

Question
Hello Dr Randolph Myerson

1) Sir I have 3-4 lower teeths crooked and the dentist has told me that he need to install braces in order to straighten them. He also said that for the installation of braces , first he need to extract 4 teeths. Sir my question is that does Teeth extraction causes pain during and after extraction?

2) Sir in general does installation of braces cause pain?

3) Sir can a person wear Hair WIG during teeth extraction and installation of braces?

Answer
1. The extraction of teeth is usually done only after the surrounding area is numbed so there should be no pain during the procedure. The numbness should last one or two hours. When the numbness is gone there will be some soreness present for a few days and this can be managed with pain medication if necessary. You should discuss this question with the dentist before your appointment to have the teeth extracted.

2. Placement of braces is usually without pain or discomfort. You can expect the teeth to be quite sore on chewing for several days after the braces are placed. This can be managed with Tylenol and a soft diet.

3. I see no reason why you would not be able to wear a hair piece during these procedures. You should discuss this question with the dentist before your appointments.

Dentistry

Dr. Randolph Myerson