Dentistry/bridge

Question
bridge
bridge  
hello doctor i am 35 .at the age of 30 i have an accident and my 3 front teeths are damaged. before the accident my front teeths are slightly protruded and i am very shy on that.my dentist done root canal and a metal fused porcelain 3unit bridge is done.he said that there is a chance for protrusion in the future and this type of bridge can withstand that.after five years i dont feel any problem .but now a days i feel anxious that did this brige protrude ?did i look goofy in the future.i did dental check ups every year and dont find any problems.please give me your kind answer.

Answer
Dear renjith

You answered your own question when you said, "...after five years i don't feel any problem...."

Everything on your X-ray looks fine.  Even excellent.  So If you don't feel or see any problem, then there is no problem.  If you look in the mirror, and you like the look of these teeth, then there is no problem.  If you walk into a room filled with people, ad no one says to you, "LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE TEETH!" then there is no problem.

Anything is possible in the future.  But until it happens, focus on the present and enjoy your life.  If you do this, then your teeth will let you know when they need attention.  And that could be maybe never.  Just be sure to check in with your dentist at least once a year for checkups and cleanings.  

Dentistry

Howard Finnk, D.D.S., P.A., CEO