Dentistry/Hole in cheek.

Question
Hole
Hole  
Hello, since two days I have been suffering from a sort of hole or cut in my cheek. It seems that there is a kind of thing developing inside. Find attached a picture of the hole. Please help me out. It's very very painful. I've been on soup for two days.

Answer
Dear Chris,

This appears to be a cheekbone that is becoming infected.  You certainly need to be seen by a dentist right away, and you will probably need antibiotic prescription.   Until you can see your dentist, you should have nothing to chew, as this usually causes the infection to worsen.

After treatment, and the pain has gone for 2 weeks, you should again see your dentist for a thorough examination to make sure that this is nothing more than infection.

Contact your dentist immediately.  Then let me know how everything turns out.  

Dentistry

Howard Finnk, D.D.S., P.A., CEO