Dentistry/Need some good, proper, honest advice

Question
Hello Dr. hope this message finds you well...

Basically i have been suffering since i was a child with bad teeth. was always scared of the dentist so the rootcanals i did were never fully completed so over time broke away leading to them being extracted. Over the past years iv been to so many dentists that all have different approches that have left me with almost no teeth remaining. I have too many empty gaps that are now showing when i smile and ofcourse its horrible. Iv been told i need a few implants but the cost of those are out of this world but if theres no other solution then ofc i will get it done. my questions to you are:
1- Would braces maybe pull the remaining teeth i have together, 2- What is your opinion on veneers, are they recomended, do they last and what is the best type/material i need to look out for, 3- What do you overall suggest for me, where would i need implants/ bridges and what material do i need to look out for.

Additionally for the past year since the extractions of my left upper & lower teeth i havent been able to chew on the left side, i feel if i continue this way it will later effect my jaw and face.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
S.S

Answer
Without being able to see you, your teeth or your xrays, I cannot give a solid answer about what course of treatment you should take.  How'ever, based on your history and your fears, it sounds to me like at least some teeth need to e removed, some fixed, and some replaced.   There are several ways to replace missing teeth that do not involve the pacement of implants.  These are full dentures, partial dentures or bridges.

Full dentures would require the removal of your remaining teeth, placement of a temporary denture during healing, then a final denture.  Most people find these difficult to wear and chew with, as they set top of your gums, rather than being rooted into your jawbones like the roots of teeth.

Partial dentures woud likely require the removal of some teeth, repair of some teeth, then the making of a partial denture to replace the missing teeth.  For removable. They appear and function and must be maintained just like your natural teeth.  Now that you understand the alternatives to implants, I can answer your questions:]
1. No
2. Veneers are beautiful but delicate thin ceramics in the shape of tooth faces.  These would improve the apearance of the front teeth you have, but will not replace missing teeth or fix decayed or broken teeth.  About 20% of them break or pop off within 2 years of placement. Based on your history, I would not recommend these for you at this time.
3. I can suggest nothing for you.  I can only explain what's available.  I would need to examine you and your xrays before I can make suggestions.

Please let me know what you learn and what you decide.

Dentistry

Howard Finnk, D.D.S., P.A., CEO