Dentistry/vinegar and gum erosion

I want to start taking apple cider vinegar for health benefits, but have very bad gum erosion/sensitivity. Because of its acidity, it's recommended to rinse out the mouth with water, right after taking the cider vinegar. I don't want to risk making the gum erosion worse, will rinsing out the mouth be enough? Thanks

Rinsing with water is a great idea but I'd also suggest after the water a quick rinse with a fluoride rinse too.  Then leave it on the teeth and don't rinse after you've used it.  Be very careful if you already have  sensitivity because acids on the dentin or cementum will only compound the problem.  Dentin is the layer under enamel and cementum is the part of the tooth you know as the root.

Dr. Karmen

Thomas Karmen

All general dentistry questions, especially those related to fixed prosthetics. Endodontics, Periodontics, and implants, minor oral surgery I can't answer much about othodontics nor advanced treatment of carcinoma nor deep tissue surgery nor osseous surgery such as jaw reduction or advancement.

DDS In general practice and consulting with having done some lecturing for local dental societies.

ADA and Florida Dental Association and Iowa Dental association

DDS degree