Dentistry/Root Canal Complication

Question
Hello, may I have your explanation and advise please. I had root canal procedure for premolar tooth from a reputable health facility in August 2014. The dentist advised me to go fro checking after six months. I had job transfer to another city in the following month (September). After four months I noticed a blister besides the tooth. I went to see the dentist (not the one who treated me-I am in another city),he gave me antibiotics and said the blister will go off. it worked for a while but the blister showed up again. I went to the same dentist, he advised I extract the teeth. I asked him to let me think and would come back.
I went to see another dentist in another facility, he said it was a mere infection. i should use mouth wash. I did, but it took only few days, the blister re-emerges now and then.

Last December I went to the very first facility, where the root canal procedure was done. the dentist who attended me is no longer working there. I had another dentist who took the x-ray on the tooth. He said there is infection down there. he explained that it re-occurs when my immune system is a bit low and disappears when the immune is up. The tooth need not extraction.He advised check after every six months

Now i am getting a bit worried. i have different explanations from 3 people of the same cadre. my questions are:
1. if the blister re-occur now and then, means the infection persist down there, is it not going to cause some complications like cancer etc.

2. is it not the right time that i get the teeth extracted? I d wish to keep it but I would be ready to take it off than developing complications in future

3. what do you advise me?

Answer
hello neema,
I will answer your question in one paragraph :

the occurrence of a blister in a previously root canal treated tooth is an indication of a failed rct due to reinfection. such teeth can be healed/ cured but only after thorough evaluation by a root canal specialist (endodontist).
no you wont get cancer and yes the tooth can be saved in 5/10 cases (ie 50% chance).
visit an endodontist near you and you will not be disappointed.
best wishes  

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS