Dentistry/about yellowness of teeth

QUESTION: My teeth are naturally yellow.what to do to make it white

ANSWER: I assume that you go to the dentist for regular cleanings, and that the yellow is not stain.  If this is not correct, you should.  Very often, the yellow is a coating on the teeth which, once removed, leave the teeth looking much whiter.

If your teeth are clean and still yellow, here is what I suggest, from lowest to highest cost, also least to most effective:

1. A whitening toothpaste (Aquafresh Whitening, or any baking soda/peroxide toothpaste), followed by Crest White Strips.  If this doesn't work:
2. Pre-loaded bleaching trays available from your dentist.  These are stronger and work better than OTC products
3. Custom bleach trays made buy your dentist, along with syringes of even stronger bleach.
4. Zoom or similar in-office whitening system applied by your dentist while in the office, with followup trays and bleach.

Let me know what you did and how well it worked.

QUESTION: What is crest white strip and from where it is to use it

ANSWER: Crest White Strip is available just about everywhere in the U.S.  Just buy a package and follow the instructions.  If you cannot find it near where you live, I'm sure you will find it on

QUESTION: White strip is very there any oother thing for making teeth white

Yes.  I listed them in my answer.  And the rest of my suggestions are usually more expensive.  Nothing available without a dentist or a prescription is more effective or less toxic.  Consider that you saved the $200 that I would have charged you for two consultations, and with that savings, buy a small package of White Strips.  Or you can leave your teeth as they are.

Howard Finnk, D.D.S., P.A., CEO

I am a Family, Implant and Cosmetic dentist. I will answer questions on any aspect of dentistry and matters relating to the smile, gums, jaws and lower face. Member American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Broward County Dental Association, and Atlantic Coast District Dental Association. I have served as District Council Member of Alpha Omega, as well as serving for one term as its President. I am also a member of The Vedder Honors Society, Broward Dental Research Clinic, and Mount Sinai Hospital Guild. I have served as a Volunteer for Project Dental Health and The Tri-County Dental Health Council.

Having attained over 30 years of clinical experience in private practice in Michigan, in 2001 I was re-certified by taking and passing the Florida State Dental Board Examination. After moving to Florida, I spent nearly 10 years re-honing my skills while working as an Associate Dentist for several large dental groups. In September, 2004, I was appointed Adjunct Clinical Professor at Nova University's College of Dental Medicine. I am certified in placement of Mini Dental Implants, and I am Director of The Florida Implant Center ( On March 1, 2010, at the age of 62, I began all over again by buying a dental practice near my home in the Fort Lauderdale area. As sole owner and Chief Dental Officer of the new Nob Hill Dental Center (, I can now carefully provide dental care to patients who care, all within a caring, joyful environment. Over my career lifetime, I have provided thousands of diagnoses, fillings, crowns, bridges, root canals, periodontal treatments, TMJ therapies, partials, dentures and extractions, and dozens of implants for my patients. The only aspect of dentistry with which I have very little experience is orthodontics.

American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Broward County Dental Association, Atlantic Coast District Dental Society, Vedder Honors Society, Broward Dental Research Clinic, Alpha Omega Alumni Association, and American Association of Dental Implantologists. Formerly, American Academy of General Dentistry, Michigan Dental Association, Macomb Dental Society, Detroit District Dental Society, Tri-County Dental Health Council (a charitable dental care organization)

"How To Save Money At The Dentist" Going to press soon.

Bachelor of Arts and Sciences in Psychology from Wayne State University Doctor of Dental Surgery from University of Detroit College of Dentistry Adjunct Clinical Professor, Special Needs Department, Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Membership in The Vedder Honors Society

HIPAA rules do not allow me to post this information.