Dentistry/Sinus Lift

Question
Dr. Tieg. I had a lateral sinus lift both sides  six months ago, and a two days ago I slightly blew my nose, and now my left sinus area is very sore, like it is scabbed. I do no know if the scheinder membrane was torn, and have had CT scan three months ago, and the Dr. said everything ok. Is it too soon after six months to heal after a sinus lift. I have never had any problems sneezing, just now after barely blowing my nose. I have never even had a cold, after my sinus lift. I am worried that some day if I do get sick I will always have pain. Thanks

Answer
JoAnn - I, of course, cannot be sure without exe you, but it sounds the the surgeon who did the sinus lift did not make sure that the schneidarian membrane was fully supported and sound to resist the pressures associated with sinus respiratory pressures.

My suggestion is that you seek an evaluation from an ENT doctor or a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon.  Hopefully if is a tear, the doctor can help strengthen the membrane.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired