Dentistry/cavity

Question
Is there any way to reverse  or stop a cavity once it's started?

Answer
Dear William:
The answer is that unfortunately, No.  
"Cavity" is a nonsense word for a disease called caries which is caused by the bacteria that lives in our mouths.  This bacteria is needed for our normal function and as long as one removes the excess bacteria and their byproducts, their mouth stays caries free (cavity free).  The bacteria produce acids that destroy the tooth structure.  If the bacteria and their acids are removed, there is no problem.  If the acids start breaking down the tooth structure, there is not much that can be done, but remove the affected tooth structure and restore it with a restoration (filling).
Best of luck,

Dentistry

Zev Kaufman, D.D.S.