Dentistry/tooth extraction

Question
I am 82 and have c-diff and diabetes and a-fib.i have small infected tooth under bridge.my general dentist wants ne to take amoxicillin.im worried about c-diff withthst drug both sides of my neck hurts maybe waiting 2 weeks is too long

Answer
with your medical issues (particularly the c-diff), i would get your MD involved here. he/she needs to control any antibiotics you need to take. but also keep in mind with your diabetes, you do not want to leave this infectged tooth in too long. perhaps get an oral surgeon in on this as well. is there any way to save this tooth with a root canal? don't wait too long...get on this right away, but bring in others when you are making decisions.

jeff dalin, dds

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS