Dentistry/don't like to brush teeth

i don't like to brush my teeth and this has been since childhood. were it not for my mother, i would not have brushed them.

as an adult i frequently don't brush them but instead use hydrogen peroxide as an oral agent to get rid of bacteria. in short, i rinse my mouth a few times a day.

that probably isn't ideal but how would brushing be better than my routine?

also, on an objective level, isn't my routine helpful in some ways?

thank you.

Dear Anonymous:

I LOVE the honesty!  At least you take responsibility for your actions, or lack thereof.
No, rinsing IS NOT a proper substitute for brushing, and rinsing with hydrogen peroxide is even worse.
Here are links for four very short videos which will explain it all.

Please take the time to watch them.  You will learn proper oral hygiene.  As with any habit, good or bad, it takes about two weeks to make a habit stick.
Start by brushing before going to sleep every night.  Do that for two weeks.  Then, add brushing in the morning (before, or after breakfast, doesn't matter for now).
Please go and see your dentist and hygienist for proper guidance and check of your technique.

Best of luck,  

Zev Kaufman, D.D.S.

I can answer any question from simple routine dentistry to very complex dentistry with emphasis on reconstructive, cosmetic, and implant dentistry. My expertise is in co-ordination of very complex treatment plans with other dental specialists or as a one-man-team, since I have extensive training in Prosthodontics, Surgical Implantology, and orthodontics.

Over a decade in private practice of Surgical Implantology and Prosthodontics. Founder and owner of Prosthodontics & Implant Surgery of Manhattan, PC. Clinical Assistant Professor at the Post-Graduate Department of Periodontics & Implant Dentistry at New York University College of Dentistry. Lecture weekly since 1999 on advanced Implant Prosthodontics at New York University College of Dentistry Post-Graduate Program in Periodontics & Implant Dentistry. Former clinical assistant professor of Dental Radiology at the NYU College of Dentistry. Former clinical and lecture faculty at Lincoln Hospital, Dental residency program. Former clinical and lecture faculty at St. Barnabas Hospital (Bronx, NY) dental residency program. Lecture nationally on Prosthodontics and Implant Dentistry.

Memeber of the American College of Prosthodontics. Memeber of the Acacdemy of Osseointegration. Member or the Omikron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) Honors Dental Society. Member of the American Dental Education Association.

Graduated with Honors from New York University College of Dentistry. Post-Graduate training and certificate in the specialty of Prosthodontics. Post-Graduate training and ceritificate in Surgical and Prosthetic Implant Dentistry. Honors-program in Comprehensive and Applied Practice Management. Honors-program in Orthodontics.

NYU Cervice award to the community. OKU honor society. National Dean's List. National Who's Who.