Dentistry/tooth extraction

Question
one month ago my oral surgeron pulled one of my bottom teeth.the hole was starting to close when I noticed a piece of white bone in the hole.does that mean he did not get it all,will it lead to an infection cause the hole is not completely close.no puffiness on cheek and inside of mouth no redness.what is his next step.think ill have to be on antibiotics  if he removes bone

Answer
this is something i really cannot answer without seeing things in person. i would give the oral surgeon or your dentist a call first thing this morning and go in for an evaluation. why worry about things. it could be a spicule of bone working its way out. this is the most common idea i can think of from your description. perhaps it is a root fragment. only way to know for sure is to have someone take a look. make the call...good luck

jeff dalin, dds

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS