Dentistry/material suitability for teeth-reg

Question
Dear Doctor Larry Burnett DDS
I have some small crator in side bottom of tooth. I have this problem for 6 teeth.I want to fill it up. Recent dental visit ,dr has taken digital xray. x ray  is quite normal. When we talk about filling material ,they recommened for Gic ( Glass Ionomer Cement (GIC)). when I asked to apply composite,they said it give lot of sensitivity later on. Is it So? I have searched and came to know composite is better than GIC which emit fluriode .kindly clarify

Reg
Kumar""

Answer
My first choice would be the GIC because it emits fluoride minimizing the chance of new decay around filling.  It also reduces the possibility of tooth sensitivity caused by a filling.  But if you are doing this mainly for esthetics (appearance), composite would be the first choice,  if you are not having sensitivity or decay,doing no treatment could also be a good choice.

Larry Burnett DDS

Dentistry

Larry Burnett DDS