Dermatology/odd skin wrinkles?

Christie wrote at 2009-07-19 02:02:02
I had this very same thing happen to me. I am 33, just had my 4th kid 7 months ago and had a healthy pregnancy. I noticed the diagnal lines on my forearms about a month ago. They came in exactly like this person's lines did (right, then left arms respectively, 2 inches from wrist, and getting bigger all the time. I notice it when I carry my baby. I think it started on the right side because I am right handed. Thus, when I started to carry him on the left, the left subsequently started to wrinkle. I wonder if I don't eat enough of certain oils. I know I don't eat enough veggies and fruits. I blame my laceration on poor nutrition (however I don't eat much junk food. Just not enough veggies and fruits. I have lots of carbs and proteins (mainly in the form of beans).

Julie wrote at 2009-07-21 15:57:09
I too, have this exact problem. I am 28 years old, and it has started on my right forearm, 2 inches from my wrist, and is getting bigger and more pronounced. It isn't itchy, although I do have a rash of some kind on my arms, which I assumed is an allergy from a new pet. I had my daughter 13 months ago. I admit I do not drink enough water, although I consider my diet fairly balanced. I hope to find an answer to this soon...

sand wrote at 2010-03-10 19:11:53
I have the excact same thing I think it was caused by checking the formula for my daughter on the inside of my left arm...its horrible looking , but maybe it is an allergic reaction to the formula??/

shannon wrote at 2012-10-20 20:10:07
I am 32 years old. I have the same thing, exactly the same thing. My son is 10 month old, though he is my fifth child and I have never noticed this before. I was wondering if I was getting dehydrated. I am down to about 110 lbs which is about ten lbs under my healthy weight...don't know if that had anything to do with it?  Very interesting.

Ab123 wrote at 2013-09-13 13:14:36
I have also had the same exact thing since a preeclampsia/ hellp pregnancy. They are not eczema or dry skin. I think they are liver or kidney related. I am just starting to reseacg it now in the eastern med world as western medicine will give you a topical cream to mask the problem vs treat the organ or internal problem that has caused it. I will keep you posted!

Lynn wrote at 2015-07-03 06:40:51
I have found NUMEROUS posts on another forum of women who have experienced this exact same condition of forearm wrinkles after having children. I too noticed them (when my daughter was 15 months old), and unfortunately have not yet found answers like everyone else who had posted regarding these symptoms.  

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>

published over 50 articles on the subject.