Dermatology/Blister inside the mouth

George wrote at 2011-10-14 22:47:51
Hi this is George again and this is all still a mystery to me. The blisters have actually subsided. They went away after a year or so, but the swelling and inflammation didn't Now the chief symptoms are that I get fast-happening little patches of inflammation along the inside lip border. You can see it all red and inflamed. The blood vessel that originally puffed up is still that way. Like a cord full of blood and gets worse with my heart rate rising and occasionally it is relatively softer, but never gone. Id love to speak with someone who has a clue about this.  

Sally wrote at 2012-12-13 13:02:13
George, I just stumbled on this post.  I am experiencing the same symptoms as you.  I have one painless blister that comes and goes very quickly in two different places inside my mouth, and I have the recurring inflammation on the lower lip borders, exactly as you described, except I don't have the swollen blood vessel. The thing that caught my eye in your post is that you have HSV2.  I also have HSV2, which I've had for 20 years (I'm 41 years old).  The lip inflammation started about 7 years ago, and the mouth blisters started about 6 months ago.  I'm wondering if this is some sort of progression of the HSV2 virus that the medical community hasn't discovered yet.  I know it's possible to get HSV2 orally via direct contact, but I don't think that has happened in my case because the symptoms associated with oral HSV2 don't match my symptoms as they are similar to HSV1.  I'm wondering if the virus has the ability to travel to the mouth internally through the bloodstream or some other way and present different symptoms (our symptoms) once it lands there.  

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>

published over 50 articles on the subject.