Dermatology/My Left Foot

mmartins wrote at 2012-06-25 04:12:15
I have been looking for a condition very similar to yours that shows up mostly on left foot. I can be painful at times and itchy at times. It shows up in patches or individual dots.  I have not yet found the answer to this condition, but if this is the same scenario you are faced with I would suggest looking at your diet.  I am not 100% sure, but uric acid due to consumption of too much red meat may be the cause of the problem.  I have altered my diet, and I have found considerable improvement to the appearance as the dots have vanished not due to fungal disease of sort sort, but through diet.  I'll be interested in finding out you results.

John wrote at 2014-03-28 13:47:17

A week or 2 back I noticed what seems to be Pompholyx on my left foot. A week before that I started treating my feet with tea tree oil ointment to try and eliminate persistent athletes foot  so perhaps this had something to do with it. I ceased the tea tree oil a few days ago and brushed on malt vinegar. This stung a bit at first but prevented the itching. I think it will eliminate the Pompholyx when the skin grows out. I don't know if it will work for everyone but maybe it'll help. Perhaps the better heeled would prefer white wine vinegar? Or am I mad?!!

Di Stefano Dr. Andrea Giuseppe

DR DI STEFANO GIVES MEDICAL ADVICES ONLY TO FOREIGN PEOPLE WHO ARE LIVING TEMPORARELY (TOURIST) OR PERMANENTLY IN ITALY. Andrea G. Di Stefano, MD is a European Board-Certified Dermatologist with a particular interest in Acne, infectious skin diseases and autoimmune skin disorders. Dr. Di Stefano has authored 4 medical publications and has participated several times in Italian Congress. Do you have questions about your skin condition or rash? The purpose of this web site, simply stated, is to provide answers and direction for your skin, hair, and nail questions. This is not intended to be a substitute for the care delivered to you by your physician(s) or dermatologist or a substitute for instructions given to you by your doctor. This is for informational purposes only, not a prescription for care. The purpose of this web site is to aid your access to quality dermatological care and provide the first and only online teledermatology access for patients in need of dermatological care. I will answer any of your skin care concerns and provide professional advice on skin care related issues for informational purposes only. This will help you better understand your skin disorder and treatment options, and importantly navigate the skin health care system. DISCLAIMER The information given in this article is for educational purpose only so that patients are aware of the options available. No diagnosis should be made or treatment undertaken without first consulting your doctor. If you do so, the author will not be responsible for any consequences. The images provided are for illustration purpose only.

1997-present: Private specialist Dermatologist with skill on dermoscopy, wound healing, cosmetology, online video-consulting 2003-2005: specialist dermatologist Italy (Brescia)hospital. This was an opportunity both to provide further experience in the clinical aspects of dermatology related to internal. Clinically I encountered several cases involving oncology skin diseases. 2001-2004: Milan and Trento (Italy) hospital service with skill on dermoscopy and skin surgery. As I continued with my specialist training I moved to a department where I was involved in skin surgery, here I learnt a variety of skills involved in local anaesthesia. This was an opportunity to use the skills I had gained in dermoscopy and also to further my experience in skin surgery. 2000-2002: locum medical appointment as dermatologist at Milan (Italy) Hospital. This was a major step in my career in general dermatology being the first in my role as a start-up grade doctor in the specialty.

1997-present: Private specialist dermatologist ( 1998-present: General medical practioner (National Health Service). I am now more involved in the general medicine with frequent experience of working under pressure. It increases my exposure to new and broader aspects of medical and surgical emergencies. I acquired skills of rapid assessment/prioritisation of large number of patients.

1) Di Stefano A.G., Calabrese V., Stern A., Rizza V. Formation of acetaldehyde adducts in rats chonic ethanol intake. Neurotoxicology: The role played by endotoxin and xenobiotic. Raven press edz. Nappi, Fariello 1987. 2) Di Stefano A.G., Musumeci M.L., Micali G. A case of Wacthers keratoderma. Dermatologia Clinica 1995; XV: 178 3)Micali G., Ferrał F., Nasca M.R., Innocenzi D., Di Stefano A.G., Lembo D. Skin metasatses from rectal adenocarcinoma appearing on the radiation port. Eur J Dermatol 1997; 7: 118-20 4) Micali G., Di Stefano A.G., Nasca M.R., Musumeci M.L. A 46 year old man with a 4 year history of diffuse brownish black pigmentation. Arch Derm 1998(Jan); 134 (1): 98, 100-1 5) Tedeschi A., de Pasquale R., Graco M., Di Stefano A.G., Micali G. A case of penis cyst. G Ital Dermatol Venereol 200; 135: 497-9

1979-1983: scientific high school vote 49/60 1983-1992: school of medicine University of Catania vote 110/110 cum laude Final thesis: Department of Biochemistry- Formation of acetaldehyde adducts in rats chronic ethanol intake. 1987: lab research at the department of pharmacology (march -may) New York University School of Medicine 1983: Italian state qualification to profession of doctor surgeon 1993-1997: specialty School of Dermatology University of Catania 70/70 cum laude (this post was my introduction to the specialty and decide my choice of career) Final Thesis: Hand and foot keratoderma genodermatosis.