Dermatology/Nerve Irritation Due To Thin Skin

Question
QUESTION: Hi..My question is,if burning sensations developed after a use of heavy steroids creams like clobevate and others on scrotum's skin and skin become more thin,then what would be a great remedy for reversing back the skin into its original form?Is it possible that a thin skin of folding area become moisturize again and restrengthen/thicken.
I have listen that only Lactic acid 5% or 6% based cream like Eucerin Plus can be miracle? But Lactic acid prepration with urea is too high to use on the delicate skin of scrotum.What about Vitamin E oil to use for thickening the skin?
Kindly give me a favorable information.
B/Regards,
Kyle Bult

ANSWER: Clobevate should not be used in the groin as it is too strong and thins the skin. To reverse the process you can have a product compounded called Vitamin C Palmitate 30%.  Fibroblasts need vitamin C to produce collagen which can thicken the skin. Oral vitamin is not as effective as the topical vitamin C.

QUESTION: Thanks for your kind reply.If you don't mind can you explain and clear one doubt in my mind.Vitamin C palmitate 30% creams are to help make sunblocks work better and help with sun spots and discolorations.Ascorbyl palmitate (C-ester) is toxic to skin cells when applied topically on a thin skin.
Can you describe it as you have a best experience?
Warmly,
Kyle Bult

ANSWER: I would have to disagree with your statement that ascorbyl palmitate is toxic to skin cells. This product is used in oral supplements and many cosmetic products in the USA. There is no scientific evidence that what you say is correct. The FDA has to approve products and collects side effect information from people. If what you said is correct there would have been class actin suits and the products would have been removed from the market.  I have been using this product for years without any complaints of irritation, burning, or any other toxicity. In fact research shows that vitamin C protects against cancer and helps with the common cold.
Ascorbyl palmitate is actually a variant of ascorbic acid, commonly known as vitamin C. This fat-soluble supplement provides antioxidant protection that helps to improve overall health. Sometimes referred to as ester, this form of ascorbic acid usually comes as an antioxidant pill or food additive. Dosage amounts vary depending on the product and the health needs of the person. Ascorbyl palmitate produces no known side effects, but people with specific conditions should seek the advice of a doctor before taking the supplement.

Derived from a mix of palm oil and corn dextrose sources, ascorbyl palmitate contains most of the benefits of vitamin C. Ascorbyl palmitate acts as a backup in the event that the body lacks vitamin C nutrients that it would normally get from fruits and vegetables. Some people also take ascorbyl palmitate, often marketed as "ester-C," when one source of vitamin C does not fulfill the nutrient requirements. While most forms of ascorbic acid and vitamin C are water-soluble, ascorbyl palmitate is fat-soluble, meaning that it stores itself in the human body's cell membranes for future use.

QUESTION: Thanks for your kind explaination.Would Vitamin C Palmitate 30% also helpful for getting the moisture as well as thickening the thin skin of scrotum?
I also asked about Vitamin E Oil,Lactic Acid(as Lactic Acid pull the moisturizer into the skin) and a plain Zinc Oxide cream effect on the scrotum skin if rash occurs?
Once again thank you for a favorable quick response.
Best Regards,
Kyle Bult

Answer
Humectants are a key ingredient in moisturizers and cleansers. They benefit the skin by:

Attracting water from the dermis into the epidermis, increasing the water content in the epidermis
When humidity is higher than 70 percent, humectants can also attract water from the atmosphere into the epidermis
Increasing the pliability and flexibility of the skin, preventing it from cracking
Promoting consistent desquamation (shedding of the outer layer of skin) by degrading the corneodesmosomes that hold skin cells together.
Two good humectants are Urea and  Lactic Acid

Dermatology

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>