Dermatology/Pinprick red spots on skin

It starts (or ends) below my elbow on left arm, and follows a vessel toward my hand (or toward my elbow). I'm not certain which direction this is actually traveling. Pin prick sized red spots spread out about halfway down forearm, mostly on the top (sun catching) side of arm, although some are underneath as well. the spots continue until the first knuckle of each finger, including thumb. Spots are not on palm. Has been 2 days now, sometimes itchy.

You may have a condition called folliculits which is inflammation of follicles in the skin.
However, since I cannot see your skin I cannot be totally sure off the diagnosis.
Folliculitis is inflammation of one or more hair follicles. It can occur anywhere on the skin.
Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Common symptoms include a rash, itching, and pimples or pustules near a hair follicle in the neck, groin, or genital area. The pimples may crust over.
Signs and tests
A diagnosis is primarily based on how the skin looks. Lab tests may show which bacteria or fungus is causing the infection.
Hot, moist compresses may promote drainage of the affected follicles. Treatment may include antibiotics applied to the skin (mupirocin) or taken by mouth (dicloxacillin), or antifungal medications to control the infection.
Expectations (prognosis)
Folliculitis usually responds well to treatment, but may come back.
Folliculitis may return
Infection may spread to other body areas
Calling your health care provider
Apply home treatment and call your health care provider if symptoms come back frequently, if they last longer than 2 or 3 days, or if the infection spreads.
To prevent further damage to the hair follicles and infection:
Reduce friction from clothing
Avoid shaving the area if possible (if shaving is necessary, use a clean, new razor blade or an electric razor each time)
Keep the area clean
Avoid contaminated clothing  

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>

published over 50 articles on the subject.