You are here:

Dermatology/Scar/bulge on base of penis


Top down
Top down  

zoom in a bit from the side
zoom in a bit from the  
Hello there,

I have a weird scar on the base of my penis and do not know where is came from. There is also a bulge that appears below it so I am assuming they are related. (see attached pictures) My penis also bends that way when I am both flaccid and erect, i had to "twist" it a bit to take the pictures. When erect, my penis skews in this direction as well.

I have done a large amount of research on the internet and have not come to any conclusions as to what it may be other than Peyronie's because of the curvature. It sounds like that disease is generally related to older individuals, which is weird in my case as I am 21.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it has caused me great stress in my sex life.

Thank you in advance

Scar tissue forms as skin heals after an injury or surgery. The amount of scar tissue may be determined by the size, depth, and location of the wound; the age of the person; heredity; and skin characteristics.
The color of a scar may be pale pink, brown, or silvery. Some people tend to get scars more easily, and scars are more likely to form after wounds on certain parts of the body.
Most likely you have had some kind of infection which has formed scar tissue. You would need blood work to rule out any type of infectious disease and possibly a skin biopsy to help with the diagnosis. See your local doctor for help.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>


published over 50 articles on the subject.

©2017 All rights reserved.