Dermatology/Weird stains between fingers (PICS)

Question
Spots
Spots  

Whole overview
Whole overview  
For a couple days or so I have been having these weird stains on my hands. They don't hurt at all and are just there. SOMEBODY HELP, my left hand is perfect also

Answer
Tinea nigra
Description:
A superficial fungal infection of skin characterised by brown to black macules which usually occur on the palmar aspects of hands and occasionally the plantar and other surfaces of the skin. World-wide distribution, but more common in tropical regions of Central and South America, Africa, South-East Asia and Australia. The aetiological agent is Hortaea (Phaeoannellomyces) werneckii a common saprophytic fungus believed to occur in soil, compost, humus and on wood in humid tropical and sub-tropical regions.

Clinical manifestations:
Skin lesions are characterised by brown to black macules which usually occur on the palmar aspects of hands and occasionally the plantar and other surfaces of the skin. Lesions are non-inflammatory and non-scaling. Familial spread of infection has also been reported.

Typical brown to black, non-scaling macules on the palmar aspect of the hands. Note there is no inflammatory reaction.

Management:
Usually, topical treatment with Whitfield's ointment (benzoic acid compound) or an imidazole agent twice a day for 3-4 weeks is effective.  

Dermatology

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>