Dermatology/Ingrown Hairs

Hi there, I have an embarrassing problem . . . which is why I'm seeking online help. You see, I have a major ingrown hair problem with my vaginal hair. I'm 18 now, but when I was 12 I screwed up royally. I decided to shave all the vaginal hair off with a razor, without any sort of direction. Due to that, my hair pattern was crazily messed up and my hairs just grew in every direction and coiled and . . . embedded themselves deep in my skin. So for the past 6yrs I've been dealing with boils and sores all because of nasty ingrown hairs! I honestly don't know what to do, even though I've thought of it so many times. They are everywhere, covering my entire vagina. And to top it off, the hairs grow thicker with every removal! I need some way to permanently reset, if you will, my hair growth "down there" and start over. Also, I have many scars/marks from the many sorish nightmares . . . I want to heal my vaginal skin and repair it to look healthy, and not diseased. But first, I've got to correctly rid myself of the hair and not make matters worse. Please help Doc.

One permanent treatment for ingrown hairs is laser hair removal. The laser works on black or brown hairs and kills the hair root so there are no more ingrown hairs. The only problem is that you would need between 5-10 treatments and the treatments are not covered by insurance. Laser hair removal is the only effective way to treat ingrown hairs.

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>

published over 50 articles on the subject.