Dermatology/Acne scars

Question
Good morning doctor!
Iam from india, bangalore i have acne scars from past 3years my face look horrible with scars on my both cheeks iam just 21 years old boy but i look more than my age
my friends called me uncle because i lost total moisture of my skin its really hurts me if my age guys call me uncle iam very depressed some time iam thinking of suicide myself iam belonging to a middle class family i dont have enough money to spend on skin doctor by birth i have great skin iam very fair every body love my skin but unfortunately as i completed my high school i have very bad acne on my skin i consulted to a local skin specialist he gave me oral medicine to consume when ever i visited to him he always used to check my stomach skin is it stil smoth or not after he used to give me accutune tablets for nearly one year i consumed that tablets and my life has finished i have seen some  changes in my skin,  my skin looks really hard like stone what ever products i applied to my skin it show negative results till now iam suffering from both acne and acne scars after this i hate visiting skin specialist i herd many procedure have come up to treat acne scars but it is very expensive i cannot go for that so plz help me how to get rid off my acne scars and to reduce my aged skin every day i cry to go college because of my skin problem plz suggest me some good creams or lotions that available in india to clear my  scarring face and my aged skin plz help me i beg you.

I consume daily chapatis without oil i eat rice and dall i dont eat fried foods and junk food i hate oil to consume in my food i drink water every thing but i apply GARNIER cream for men even after this my pimple wil be on my skin about a month i hate this plz help.

Answer
If your acne scars donít fade away on their own, it may be time to consider booking an appointment with your dermatologist. Within one to three sessions, laser skin resurfacing using fractionated laser technology can even out the skin surface and increase new collagen formation to help fill in acne scars.

Non-ablative lasers stimulate the production of collagen without damaging the skin's surface. Meanwhile, ablative lasers (i.e. CO2 and erbium) vaporize the scar, allowing smoother skin to take its place. Filler injections can also prove beneficial at filling in the indentations left behind from deep acne scars, says Moy. But the downside to fillers is that they need to be repeated every four to six months, as the product re-absorbs into the skin over time.

1. The sandalwood and rosewater paste can be used as a facial mask and can be directly applied on the scarred area. Leave the paste on for more than an hour. Wear it overnight if you can. Wash off completely with water. This is an effective method of how to treat acne scar because of sandalwood's soothing and cooling effect on the skin.

2. You can't simply get rid of acne scars by applying natural substances on your skin. A large part of the healing process consists of maintaining a balanced and nutritious diet that aids in the growth of new, healthy skin. Also, eating a healthy diet gives you the essential nutrients that you need to fight against infections and other types of diseases that might complicate your acne scars.

3. Select light, non-greasy, oil free make up products - there are a huge variety of foundations and powders available for sensitive skins, and many medicated varieties.

4. Fenugreek is an effective solution to how to treat acne scars. You can make a paste out of fenugreek leaves and use it as a face mask. You can also boil Fenugreek seeds in water and use the solution on acne scars after it cools down.

5. Olive oil is truly a miracle substance. It does not only make your food taste better, it also improves the condition of your skin and reduces your acne scars. Massage the oil on affected parts of your skin every day. It has moisturizing properties that soften the texture of your skin and reduce the prominence of your acne scars.

6.  Cucumber is great for helping to keep the skin smooth and supple.  Many different cosmetic beauty products often have cucumber as a key ingredient.  Also Indian gooseberry lotions and creams are great for reducing acne scaring and outbreaks.

7. Apply the juice directly on your acne scars using a cotton ball. Let your skin soak up the lemon juice for a while before washing it off with water. Lemon juice improves the appearance of dark acne scars and blemishes by lightening them.

8. Lots of people use ice cubes to get rid of their acne scars at home. Wrap an ice cube in a piece of cloth and rub it on affected areas for 10 to 15 minutes every day. This should lessen the inflammation on your skin, making it look smoother. This is one of the best natural acne treatment.

9. Tea tree oil is a great way to reduce the effects of acne scars. This oil comes directly from Australia and is used for healing acne scars and also preventing outbreaks from occurring.  

10. Aloe Vera is a commonly used natural remedy to cure acne scars. The Aloe Vera plants are famous for their magically ability to help heal scars and wounds. The juice of the Aloe Vera is very useful for helping to heal acne scars as well as to fight breakouts when they do occur.  By applying the juice on a regular basis, you can erase the signs of bad acne over time.  

Dermatology

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>