Dermatology/Shavers

Question
QUESTION: I was thinking about getting an electical shaver along with my normal fusion razor to be able to shave more quickly when it doesn't necessarily have to be super close. Just close enough that I can work in a restaurant and not look like a bum. lol. Know of any good electric razors that aren't painful to use and require very little maintence? I would be worried about constantly replacing both types of blades. i want to make sure I get my money's worth. Possibly even stop using my normal razor for a bit unless going on a hot date. lol.

ANSWER: Reviewers say the Braun Series 7 760cc foil shaver is the best men's electric shaver on the market, and it's about as close as an electric razor can get to the feel of shaving with a razor blade. Owners say they like this shaver's clean-and-charge base and its clean, efficient shave. The pulsation feature, which generates 10,000 vibrations per stroke and lifts flat hairs to obtain a closer shave, is no longer unique to this shaver -- but reviewers still like it, saying it feels a bit like a facial massage. In tests, Braun Series 7 shavers are also a bit quieter than other models

QUESTION: Price-wise that one is up there. Does it ever need blades changed or should everything that comes with it pretty much last forever?

Answer
How often do I need to change the shaver head?
We recommend replacing all cutter parts every 18 months. We included a replacement part indicator in the display to ensure you know when to exchange the cutter parts, in order for your shaver to always stay at 100% performance.

Dermatology

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>