Dermatology/chapped lips

I'm hoping you can help direct me to a product that can help with chapped lips. I am one of those people who is "addicted" to chap stick. I have been since I was, I don't know, about 12? I'm not 32. I usually use Burts Bees but about 2 months ago I noticed that the skin above my upper lip was becoming red and peeling in some areas. I applied Burts Bees to that area too but it hasn't helped. It looks almost like dry skin yet I moisturize it like crazy. I was afraid the Burts Bees was irritating it so I switched to a cocoa butter stick but that seemed to irritate my lips more. Recently, I switched  to Nature's Place lip balm which still hasn't helped much.

Because the skin seems dry, it's hard to cover up with make-up bc make-up seems to make it look more pronounced.

Do you have any suggestions? I've never had this problem before- and anytime my lips begin to feel chapped, BB does the trick. I'm at a loss this time and want something safe and moisturizing for my lips but most importantly something that will calm and heal the skin around my lips. Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you so much for your time and help!

Aquaphor Lip Repair
Aquaphor, the doctor-recommended brand for relieving chapped, cracked, and irritated skin now offers Aquaphor Lip Repair. Specially formulated for lips with carefully selected ingredients for moisturizing and conditioning, itís clinically proven to effectively relieve dryness and soothe chapped lips. Aquaphor Lip Repair provides long-lasting relief all day long.

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>

published over 50 articles on the subject.