Dermatology/Bumps on Penile Shaft

I am 23 years old and have recently noticed more bumps on my penis shaft coming something more appear than others I was wondering if you had an idea of what it could be?

It is most likely that the bumps you are describing are sebaceous glands of hair follicles on the scrotum and lower penile shaft. They are normal and harmless. You'll most likely see hair growing from them (if not now, then soon!). And yes, hair can grow on the shaft of the penis, though most often just near the base.

Keep in mind, too, that penile skin is not much like other skin. It is often bumpy, lumpy, and uneven, especially on the shaft. A deflated penis can look especially bumpy, but will look less so when filled and expanded. If bumps are numerous, tiny, and don't change over time, they probably represent your normal penile skin landscape.

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>

published over 50 articles on the subject.