Dermatology/skin care in late 20's, retinol, botox?

Question
Hi Dr Fisher,

I'm hoping you can help me with a question on behalf of a friend. She is 28. She would like to know if you recommend using products with retinol in at 28? She is 28 but gets told she looks 22. She has no wrinkles, her areas of concern are dark circles under the eyes, oily skin, and pimples are usually controlled by the products she uses. She uses a salicylic acid facewash, followed by a salicylic acid liquid exfoliant, then an anti-oxidant serum with retinol, and a moisturiser with retinol. She is worried this may damage her skin/thin her skin in the long run?

What skin regime would you suggest for someone with such skin issues?

Lastly, do you think botox would make her look young? Until she was around 26 she had a chubby, young face and people would ask her why she wasn't at school if she was out shopping in school hours. A around 26 her face started to thin out, she got cheekbones and her chubby cheeks disappeared. She doesn't have wrinkles but she feels like she looks older because of this. Will botox actually do anything if there's no lines? Are there any other treatments available?

Thank you I look forward to your reply

Answer
There is a product line that is excellent by SkinMedica. The product is TNS Essential Serum.

TNS Essential Serum is an unprecedented combination of the renowned growth factor formula TNS Recovery Complex in one chamber and APS Corrective Complex, a potent mixture of antioxidants, peptides and other innovative anti-aging ingredients, in the other chamber. Together, these products work synergistically to transform and regenerate your skin for a more youthful appearance.

Benefits:

Nouricel-MD helps improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and the overall tone and texture of the skin.
Smoothes and tightens skin.
Strengthens the skin's natural ability to regenerate itself.
Fights against environmental damage.
Brightens and lightens age spots.

I had my wife try the product and she came to me in two weeks and said her skin was much smoother. The product is not cheek but it is by far the best on the market.

Any product by SkinMedica is excellent and they have a money back guarantee. If you are not happy in 30 days, bring the product back and you will get your money back.

Dermatology

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>