Dermatology/Herpes

Question
Hi Michael,
  Greetings! Hope things good at your end.I have recently suffered from Herpes.The infected area was my back part of the body mostly upper part of spinal cord.
   Upon conducting CBC Blood cell count test i noticed a sudden increase in my lymphocytes.The result was 51%
    Is there anyway i could overcome Herpes?
Is it caused by physical relation like smooch and protected sex?
Is there a way i could ward off herpes from my immune system?

Kindly

Answer
Herpes is an infection that is caused by a herpes simplex virus (HSV). Oral herpes causes cold sores around the mouth or face. Genital herpes affects the genitals, buttocks or anal area. Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease (STD). It affects the genitals, buttocks or anal area. Other herpes infections can affect the eyes, skin, or other parts of the body. The virus can be dangerous in newborn babies or in people with weak immune systems.

There are two types of HSV:

HSV type 1 most commonly causes cold sores. It can also cause genital herpes.
HSV type 2 is the usual cause of genital herpes, but it also can infect the mouth.
HSV spreads direct contact. Some people have no symptoms. Others get sores near the area where the virus has entered the body. They turn into blisters, become itchy and painful, and then heal.

Most people have outbreaks several times a year. Over time, you get them less often. Medicines to help your body fight the virus can help lessen symptoms and decrease outbreaks.

Once you have herpes it can only be controlled but not cured. You can control herpes by taking suppressive doses of antiviral medication like 500mg of Valtrex every day.

Dermatology

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>