Dermatology/White patch skin red bump on penis

Question
RedSpotWhiteSkin
RedSpotWhiteSkin  

RedSpotWhiteSkin2
RedSpotWhiteSkin2  
I'm 31 and have had a single red bump for as long as i can remember, now i am noticing another red bump forming next to the first one.  Also the skin underneath these bumps seems to be whiter in contrast to the surrounding skin. I have no sexual history.

Any information will be greatly appreciated, as i know a trip to the dermatologist can be very expensive.

Thank you for your time,

Chris

Answer
Folliculitis: An infection of the hair follicles of the skin. Infection of the hair follicles can occur when the skin is disrupted or inflamed due to a number of conditions, including acne, skin wounds or injuries, friction from clothing, excessive sweating, or exposure to toxins. The symptoms vary and include small, red bumps or blisters around hair follicles, blisters filled with pus, or itching and tenderness of the involved area. When the deeper parts of the hair follicle are infected, a painful lump or mass may be felt. Treatment can be with oral antibiotics or topicals like benzoyl peroxide. The lighter area is most likely post inflammatory hypopigmentation which is where the skin gets irritated there is downnregulation of the pigment.

Dermatology

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>