Dermatology/Dry flaky skin on face

Question
I was wondering if you can help me solve a issue I'm having. For the last few months I've had extremely bad flaky dry skin on my face (more so on my cheeks). I drink over 8 glasses of water a day and I use OleHenriksen Nurture Me Skin lotion, and exfoliate with Olay Fresh face wash.
Its driving me crazy! cause after I wash my face my skin feels tight and it looks flaky and scaly... when I was I gently rub my face with a face cloth, nothing hard or it hurts, but once I pat dry and put my face cream on my face burns!
Not sure if this helps, but it started once I got pregnant but I lost my baby at 6 weeks naturally about 2 1/2 weeks ago and my hormone level is under 61. I also live in Edmonton Alberta Canada which has dry hair but in the 28 years I've lived in Alberta its never effected me.
Also I took Accutane 4 years ago before my wedding to help with my acne. I'm not sure if that helps at all but I figure more info is better than none.
would you recommended I see my doctor? I'm just really tired of doctors after my miscarriage and really want to avoid going to one for awhile..
Any advice would be super helpful!
Thank you for taking the time to help me, its really appreciated.

Stacy

Answer
Dry skin on the face can be caused by: soaps,cosmetics, lotions, Seborrheic dermatitis, allergic reactions, irritant reactions and sometimes genetics. Treatment is moisturizers like Cerave lotion and the non steroid Elidel Cream which is a prescription.

Dermatology

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>