Dermatology/Symptoms of STDs ?



i did something foolish and regretted a lot. I receive oral sex from a sex worker 9 days ago with a condom on. Did not have vaginal and anal sex. I am constantly worrying if i will get STD. I am getting sudden outbreak of flat reddish rash on my arm as for now. There was also a small flat reddish rash on my penis glands.The rash  on my penis glands appear 1 day after my sexual act. The rashes on my arms and penis are not itchy and  i don't feel anything.  Can you tell me why am i having such symptoms. Did I get STDs?

On your penis you have balanitis.

Balanitis is swelling of the head of the penis.

Balanitis is most often caused by trauma or irritation. Other possible causes include:

Diseases such as reactive arthritis and lichen sclerosis et atrophicus
Harsh soaps
Not rinsing soap off properly while bathing
Uncontrolled diabetes
Trauma or irritation

Redness of foreskin or penis
Other rashes on the head of the penis
Foul-smelling discharge
Painful penis

Exams and Tests
Your health care provider may be diagnosed the problem with only an exam. However, you may need skin tests for viruses, fungi, or bacteria. A skin biopsy may also be needed.

Treatment depends on the cause of the balanitis.

Antibiotic pills or creams are used to treat when balanitis that is caused by bacteria.
Steroid creams may help balanitis that occurs with skin diseases.
Anti-fungal creams will be prescribed if it is due to a fungus.
I would treat with prescription Vytone Cream

Outlook (Prognosis)
Most cases of balanitis can be controlled with medicated creams and good hygiene.

Possible Complications
Long-term inflammation or infection can:

Scar and narrow the opening of the penis (meatal stricture)
Affect the blood supply to the tip of the penis
Increase the risk of penile cancer

When to Contact a Medical Professional
Tell your health care provider if you have any signs of balanitis, including swelling of the foreskin or pain.

Good hygiene can prevent most cases of balanitis. When you bathe, pull back the foreskin to clean and dry the area under it.

See your local dermatologist for a diagnosis and treatment.

Your arm appears to be eczema which is just dry skin.
Creams like CeraVe should help.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>


published over 50 articles on the subject.

©2017 All rights reserved.