Dermatology/chapped lips

Everytime I use toothpaste to often like twice a day I get chapped lips. and also cracking on the edges. Is their anything I can do?
I really try to keep my oral care up but chapped lips is a problem not just from one brand of toothpaste. I was looking at a sls free one but haven't bought it yet. Is their anything besides balm I dont like balms residue is they're something maybe a home remedy that actually has scientific proof for working?

The most common flavorings that are frequently responsible for toothpaste allergies are cinnamal, spearmint, peppermint, carvone, and anethole. Toothpaste contains many potential allergens that are commonly the cause of allergic contact cheilitis. Many toothpaste ingredients have the potential to cause either an irritant or allergic reaction.
VMV Hypoallergenics Essence Skin-Saving Toothpaste features a 100% hypoallergenic formula that is free of fragrances, dyes and flavors that may cause rashes, canker sores and acne on those with extra-sensitive skin. Formulated with xylitol and calcium lactate to effectively inhibit tarter production and safely fight cavities, it leaves your mouth with a clean and refreshed feeling.

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>

published over 50 articles on the subject.