Dermatology/Patches of bumps all over body

Bumps -arm
Bumps -arm  

Bumps -Torso
Bumps -Torso  
Hello, I have, over the last 10 months or so developed small patches of bumps on my forearms, and sides of Abdomen. From what we have been able to look up online my wife and I believe they may be Molluscum Contagiosum. They are quite small (head of a pin. On my left arm the lower patch has about 50 bumps and the other about 20. On my right arm the lower patch has about 100 bumps, and there are 2 smaller patches of maybe 10 or so bumps. In the last two months two large patches (aprox 3 times the size of the ones on my arm) have appeared on the both sides of my abdomen. I have included a few pictures below. Thank you so much for any help you are able to provide.

Edward Bartlett

With Molluscum the bumps are round with a dimple in the center. They are a little smaller in size than the eraser on the end of a pencil. The bumps don't cause pain. They may appear alone or in groups. They most often appear on the trunk, face, eyelids, or genital area. The bumps may become inflamed and turn red as your body fights the virus. I could not see a dimple in the center of the bumps but if you can see the dimple then you have Molluscum. The easiest treatment is MolluscumRX which is on the net. The only treatment doctors have is liquid nitrogen or Canthecur which causes blisters.
If no dimple in the center then you most likely have a folliculitis which is inflammation around skin follicles.

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>

published over 50 articles on the subject.