Dermatology/Small bump on glans

side view
side view  

above view
above view  
I noticed an unusual spot on my glans about three or four months after taking azithromycin for a non-gonnorheal uti. The bump is only 1mm in diameter, is white with red skin surrounding it, does not burn or itch, and has stayed the same size since I first noticed it about five weeks ago. A family practice doctor gave me two possibilities. The first being irritated skin and the second being a form of hpv. He instructed me to wait and see if it disappears, but he also offered to remove it. He was hesitant to do the removal procedure because the bump is barely elevated compared to the surrounding skin.

I have fordyce spots on the underside of the shaft. Could it be another fordyce spot? I also read that thrush is common after azithromycin use. I'm unsure and am hoping for a second opinion before I try any removal procedures.

First of all I would not do any surgery because the spots look benign. The spots could be for fordyce spots, pearly penile papules which are on he edge of he glans penis, or local areas of irritation. You can try OTC Cortaid or Cortisone 10 twice a day for 10-14 days and see if that helps.

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>

published over 50 articles on the subject.