Dermatology/Bumps on shaft of penis.

Question
Area 1
Area 1  

Area 2
Area 2  
Hi, I'm just wondering what these skin colored bumps at the base of my penis. I can't find anything online that looks exactly like what I have. I think it might be lichen planus and I've had another doctor say it might be contact dermatitis but I'd like another opinion before I schedule a dermatology appointment. I've been tested for std's and everything was clean. I had a yeast infection in the past and thought it might be that still but I have no idea. I've even accidentally scratched some off while shaving and they went right away but just popped back up again in another spot.

Thank you so much.

Answer
Do you shave the area if so you have irritation from shaving. The hairs are different which suggests that you shave the area which would cause the problems. Another possibility is folliculitis which is inflammation around the hair follicle. Treatment would be the prescription Neosynalar twice a day for 7-10 days.

Dermatology

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>