Dermatology/Spots in Penis

Question
Penis 1
Penis 1  

Penis 2
Penis 2  
Hi! I'm a 23 years old and I'm pretty sure I have lichen planus.
I have had this spots or bumps (I don't know how else to call them)before I started to be sexualy active. This "bumps" doesn't hurt, itch or smell.
Anyway, I'm no expert, so I'm attaching a picture.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Answer
The condition on your penisesrs to be lichen planus.
The cause of lichen planus is unknown, though strong evidence suggests that inflammation, controlled by the immune system, gives rise to the lesions. However, certain diseases, medical conditions or other factors may act as triggers of lichen planus in some people.
The possible triggers of lichen planus include:
Hepatitis C infection
Hepatitis B vaccine
Flu vaccine
Certain pigments, chemicals and metals
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen (Aleve, others)
Certain medications for heart disease, high blood pressure or arthritis.

Your doctor or dermatologist will perform a physical examination to diagnose lichen planus. To confirm the diagnosis, you may need these tests:
Biopsy. During a punch biopsy test, your doctor removes a small section of your skin, which is then examined under a microscope for cell patterns characteristic of lichen planus. You'll receive local anesthetic to numb the site and likely require stitches to close the wound.
Hepatitis C test. A nurse or assistant may draw a small sample of blood for a lab test to determine if you have hepatitis C, a possible trigger for lichen planus.
Allergy tests. Your doctor may refer you to an allergy specialist (allergist) to determine whether substances you regularly have contact with may be causing you to have allergic reactions that act as triggers for your condition.

Corticosteroids may reduce inflammation associated with lichen planus. The side effects of corticosteroids vary depending on how you take them as ointment applied to the skin, as a pill or as an injection. Corticosteroids are considered safe when taken as directed and for short-term use. Common side effects of topical corticosteroids may include skin problems, such as burning, reddening or thinning of the skin at the application site. When taken orally or as an injection, side effects may include high blood pressure, elevation of blood glucose and osteoporosis.

Retinoids

Retinoids are synthetic versions of vitamin A that can be applied topically or taken orally for treatment. Retinoids may be an effective treatment, but they can cause bothersome skin irritations, such as severe dryness, redness and peeling. Oral retinoids can harm unborn babies, so these medications are not recommended for women who are pregnant or may become pregnant. If you're pregnant or nursing, your doctor may advise you to delay topical retinoid therapy or choose an alternative treatment.

Nonsteroidal creams or ointments

Topical calcineurin inhibitors reduce immune-system activity involved in lichen planus and appear to be particularly helpful in managing lichen planus of mucous membranes. Examples of these topical medications include tacrolimus (Protopic) and pimecrolimus (Elidel).

Dermatology

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>