Dermatology/light discoloration / spots all over body

I have light spots all over my stomach/back/lower back and it's been bothering me for years now.  It looks very discolored and slightly spotty...  I looked it up online and I saw some people say that it's veriscolor, but I don't know if that's true because they don't look exactly the same...  It's not itchy or anything, it just looks really weird and it makes me really self conscious.  

I uploaded some pictures...  I'm worried you might not be able to see it as much, so I uploaded more than one.

I don't know how to get rid of it, and I'm scared to show anyone.  It makes me very self conscious. I moisturize as well. Please help! It looks worse in person than in the pictures...

Yes, the lighter areas on your skin look like Tinea Versicolor which is a yeast like organism. Treatment is usually with oral ketoconazole as long as other medications you are taking do not interact. If you came to the office, I would scrape your skin and look for Tinea Versicolor under the microscope.

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>

published over 50 articles on the subject.