Dermatology/finger clubbing and joint pains ??????/

Hello dear

I m suffering from finger clubbing for 11 years , I m 31 yrs old , also in parallel I had pains and inflammation in my joints hands , feet and knees also ankle wrist

but the problem enlarge I had did an x-rays regarding my chest and lungs for 3 yrs ago but there is not referral for anything on other hand since 2006 , I had did sonar regarding my heart performance but it was clear except inclining on main valve , the specialist told me that it is easy and conginetal not dangerous

realy I didnt suffer from chest pains , may be rarely and in the last year I suffered for many coughing syndrome still for months but I treated from , I m a heavy smoker

in the past few days I suffered massive inflammation in hands and finger joint which make me couldn't sleep , when I visited the doctor after checking me he doubt that I have something called

" pulmonory oseodystroply " , he required from me all my history documents regarding finger clubbing from where old x-rays , sonars and analysis

he also required hands and knees x-rays with addition to ESR-CBC-RF-CRP blood test

I m asking you that when I searched the internet for finger clubbing and also pulmonory ose... , I found harsh disease like lung cancers and heart chornic disease , the common is lung cancer

I m scared , my question is does finger clubbing and joint inflammation can be a reason for other disease not related to lung cancers and tumors

Please advise

thickening of the fingertips that gives them an abnormal rounded appearance. The exact cause of finger clubbing is not known, but it is a common symptom of respiratory disease, congenital heart disease, and gastrointestinal disorders.

Respiratory diseases associated with finger clubbing include chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer, cystic fibrosis (thick mucus in the throat and digestive tract), and bronchiectasis (destruction of the large airways). Congenital heart diseases (heart diseases present since birth) that lead to finger clubbing are typically cyanotic, meaning that they cause a person to appear blue due to reduced oxygen in the blood. Clubbing has been seen in pregnancy and acromegal (gigantism due to pituitary tumor).

Gastrointestinal disorders that can lead to clubbing of the fingers include celiac disease, Crohn's disease, inflammatory bowel disease, and liver disease, especially in severe cases, such as cirrhosis of the liver. Other diseases associated with finger clubbing include Hodgkin’s lymphoma and Graves’ disease (thyroid condition). Clubbing may be accompanied by cyanosis (blue coloration of the skin) and shortness of breath.

The best thing for you to do is to go to your doctor and get a good physical exam.  

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>

published over 50 articles on the subject.