Dermatology/tiny white bumps on my foreskin

Question
Tiny bumps on foreskin
Tiny bumps on foreskin  

Tiny skin colored bumps on foreskin
Tiny skin colored bump  
I've had tiny white/skin colored painless bumps on my foreskin for quite some years, I'm 25 yrs and uncircumcised. They are noticeable when the foreskin is stretched back and are more visible on the area just under the frenulum. Is this caused by a possible STD or is it normal?

Answer
Fordyce spots (also termed Fordyce granules or Fordyce disease)are visible sebaceous glands that are present in most individuals. They appear on the genitals and/or on the face and in the mouth. They appear as small, painless, raised, pale, red or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the scrotum, shaft of the penis or on the labia, as well as the inner surface (retromolar mucosa) and vermilion border of the lips of the face. They are not associated with any disease or illness, nor are they infectious but rather they represent a natural occurrence on the body. No treatment is therefore required, unless the individual has cosmetic concerns. Persons with this condition sometimes consult a dermatologist because they are worried they may have a sexually transmitted disease (especially genital warts) or some form of cancer.

Dermatology

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>