Dermatology/White ring/patches on foreskin

Question
Hi. I'm a 15-year-old boy. About a half year ago I had two balanitises in a row, my foreskin swell and hurt. They healed when I started washing my penis regularly. My foreskin tightened up during them, but it returned to normal pretty soon. Then about three months ago I got some red spots on my glans; I suspect it was a yeast infection as I got it during a course of antibiotics. It cleared up, too.

Now, about a month ago, I inspected my penis more precisely. I noticed a white "ring" on my foreskin. It feels like normal smooth skin, but it's just white. It's hard to explain, but I'll try: the narrow white ring goes almost all around the circumference of my penis, but there's a small, about 1 cm portion on the top of my foreskin which is normal-coloured, purplish skin. It's like that the normal-coloured piece of skin on the ring "splits" the ring. I've noticed that I have two pretty prominent blood vessels just where the ring forms. I can see the vessels clearly when my penis is flaccid -- the ring can be barely seen (if at all) when my penis is flaccid. I don't know if this is even possible, but it seems like there's so much pressure on the foreskin when I retract it when erect that the area (blood vessels) turns white. Again, not sure if it's possible; just my thought. The foreskin retracts just fine when erect too, but I can feel some pressure when it's retracted behind the glans when erect. That's its tightest point, but it causes me no pain.

The problem is that I have no idea how long the ring has been present. I have noticed no tightening of the foreskin either. What could this be? At first I thought that the balanitises had caused scar tissue, but it doesn't feel or look like that, at least to the untrained eye.

Thanks.

Answer
There are a number of possibilities. There was inflammation of the sin whic caused decreased color called post inflammatory hypo pigmentation.. Another possibility is there was damage to blood vessels leading to decreased blood flow therefore now the tissue has a white ring. Another possibility is very mild scar formation.

Dermatology

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>