Dermatology/Red Marks on rim of penis head

Right side showing less obvious redness
Right side showing les  
The most sensitive one
The most sensitive one  
QUESTION: I have had the red marks that are around the rim of my penis head. These have been around for months and I was given clotrimazole for 2 weeks with no improvement. The redness becomes more apparent with an erection or after sex/masturbation.

I have also noticed one particular red spot is sensitive when receiving oral sex. When I masturbate I do not rub the head for fear that it was friction that caused these to appear.

I have thought about using hydrocortizone, but I read that it may damage penile skin.

It will take up to a year to get a dermatologist appointment so any help would be greatly appreciated

ANSWER: The skin on the rim of the penis looks inflamed. Treatment should be topical cortisone. I would continue the hydrocortisone. Hydrocortisone is the weakest topical steroid that exists and it will not damage the penis. I would start using the hydrocortisone twice a day for two weeks and see how you do.

Left side
Left side  

QUESTION: Sorry to bother you again, but I have been trying the hydrocortisone for 4 days now and I think it might be getting worse.

It appears more irritated to me and the other spots are becoming more visible instead of the larger one on the left side.

Is it possible it was a fungal infection and the clotrimazole wasn't working? Or anything else that could cause the irritation?

I will continue with the hydrocortisone for now and hope for some improvement

Clotrimazole should treat any type of fungus and since it did not work there is no fungus. The lesions look like tiny blister which could be an allergic reaction or a viral infection. Iodine kills everything: bacteria, virus, yeast, fungus, and other types of infections. Thry using a small amount of iodine

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>

published over 50 articles on the subject.