Desktop Video/Creating a video/dvd

Hello Rob

I work for a charity with very limited funds working with disadvantaged youth. We need to make a video for publicity and one of our workers has a good quality camera but we do not have any editing software which works with windows 7. Please could you advise a good piece of software which is fairly easy to use but effective. I am computer literate but do not have much experience in video editing.
Also is there any free software which is advised?
Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

HI James,

There are a few good 'full service' software apps that would work for you. I recommend looking at these first:

Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate:
Roxio Creator:

Or you can always use Windows Movie Maker:

Desktop Video

Rob Boirun

I have been in the audio/video industry for 10 years. I am an avid user of software for creating DVD/Blu-Ray video and video converting. I maintain a review site/blog for optical disc tech and video editing. Feel free to ask your burning or video related questions.

HI, I run and maintain which is a cloud backup and cloud storage service provider.

I belong to the Hybrid Storage Alliance and the Entertainment Storage Alliance.

I have written CD/DVD Burning Exposed!

I am an University of Phoenix grad in Video Producing.