Desktop Video/DVD on a Mac

Question
I have a DVD that I can play on my Mac (system 10.6.4) but I can't figure out how to store that video on my Mac as a file in order to upload it to YouTube. It seems that it can't find an application to do this. Can you help me with this? Thanks.

Answer
There are a few applications that you can choose from that will do this. Handbrake is a popular free software for Mac and then there are paid solutions like this one: http://www.burnworld.com/mac/wondershare-video-converter-ultimate-review.html

Just note that if the disc is encrypted, legally you can not circumvent the copy protection.

Desktop Video

Rob Boirun