Desktop Video/DVD "Split"

Hi there and I hope this e-mail finds you well. I have a question about a particular thing that happens when I upload from a DVD onto Youtube. I have a 30 minute piece that I have edited and run to DVD, but when I upload, it always splits the video into two distinct parts with the first part being about 18 minutes and the remainder on the second part. If it is an hour piece, it could be three or four separate pieces. I have been using IDVD, but I have never known why the piece is split when uploaded. Could you let me know what this is and let me know if there is any way to upload something in its entirety without it being split up. Thanks!

This is a limitation in YouTube. To be able to upload longer videos you would need to have an established account. See this resource straight from the horses mouth:

Desktop Video

Rob Boirun

I have been in the audio/video industry for 10 years. I am an avid user of software for creating DVD/Blu-Ray video and video converting. I maintain a review site/blog for optical disc tech and video editing. Feel free to ask your burning or video related questions.

HI, I run and maintain which is a cloud backup and cloud storage service provider.

I belong to the Hybrid Storage Alliance and the Entertainment Storage Alliance.

I have written CD/DVD Burning Exposed!

I am an University of Phoenix grad in Video Producing.