I was wondering would you please explain to me: what does it mean when you encode a DVD?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer is a easy was that I can understand)

When you encode a DVD, your video file is converted to an mpeg2 format. It is then placed onto the disc in a certain file structure where the video and audio are separate from each other but synchronized. Also, chapters, menus and other instructions are placed within the file structure in assigned folders. That's about it. There isn't just a single video file in there like many people assume, but a complex set of files and instructions.

I hope this is helpful.

Desktop Video

R. Ferguson

Some technical knowledge in connectivity, systems, cameras, image/video software. I am better at project development, scripting, organization, conceptualization. I know Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, AfterEffects, some Avid, and some others but am no real expert on them. I also have knowledge in multimedia.

Wel over 20yrs of various TV/video production experience. B.S. degree in TV Production from James Madison Univ. Taught TV production at a community college for 5 yrs.

Bachelor of Science Degree in Communications (Radio, TV, Film); James Madison Univ., Harrisonburg, VA

Telly Awards, Communicator Awards, Ava Award, Virginia Community College Associatiopn awards, National Council for MArketing and Public Relations Awards, CAB Award, and others.